For the First time in the Zimriya!
Modern A-Capella Zimriya with the Swingle Singers
Voices as instruments
29 March – 2 April 2015
Musical Director: Ron Gang, Israel
Musical Adviser: Kevin Fox, Canada / UK
The Modern A-Capella Zimriya will host, for the first time, the world renowned “Swingle Singers” in The Old City of Akko.
For over 50 years they have inspired generations of vocalists with their unique style. This spring they are coming to Israel to play a major role in the Zimriya
The “Knights Halls” and the “Enchanted Garden” built by the Crusaders and Ottomans provide the perfect setting for this vocal celebration. For four days and nights the sounds of singing in workshops, concerts and open stage gatherings will echo around the ancient town.
The “Swingle Singers” will conduct exciting daily workshops with choirs and musical ensembles from Israel and abroad.
Kevin Fox, Canada/UK, of the “Swingle Singers”, will conduct a Modern A-Capella Workshop. The world renowned conductor, Maestro Tim Brown, UK, a favorite conductor of Israeli choirs, will also conduct a “Vocal Jazz” workshop.
In the Opening Concert, Sunday, March 3rd 2015, the “Swingle Singers” will collaborate with the Israeli Ensemble “Vocalocity” and will both present their best repertoire.
For the first time in the Zimriya, there will be a Singing Competition which will hold prizes!
The competition is open to all choirs, ensembles, and singing groups!
“The First Zimriya Vocal Competition”
will take place in three stages and categories, on Wednesday
1st April 2015
Save the dates!
Join the magic that will happen again in the spectacular Knights’ Halls in The Old City of Akko: http://www.akko.org.il/en/
Workshops – including performance in the Final Concert:
The workshops are open to choirs, ensembles and individual singers
Timothy Brown, UK
Kevin Fox, Canada / UK
A Special Workshop – Various Daily Workshops:
Conducted by the Swingle Singers, conductors and artists from Israel and abroad:
• Voice Improvisations
• Beat Boxing
• Sound, Voice Uniformity and Musical Presentation
The Concerts, every night at 20:00
At “The Citadel Yard”, Knights Halls, Old Acre
Sunday, March 29th 2015
Gala Opening Concert
Swingle Singers & Vocalocity, jointly and separately
Monday, March 30th 2015
“Quinta and a Half” Ensemble & Guest Artist
Tuesday, March 31st 2015
The Vocal Octet & Alon Oleartchik
Wednesday, April 1st 2015
Festive Final Concert
The Winners of the First Vocal Competition of the Zimriya
Final Workshops Concert
The Open Stage:
Performances of A-Capella Ensembles, Choirs & Guest Artists
Every afternoon in the Enchanted Garden
For the first time in the Zimriya!
A prize of 10,000 ILS will be awarded to the first place in each Category
The Competition is open to all choirs and ensembles according to the following categories:
Category A – Modern A-Capella
(Singing Groups which sing A-Capella, Voices as Instruments)
Category B – Folklore, Pop and Jazz
(Singing Groups accompanied by instruments, a minimum of 10 singers)
Category C – Classical Choirs
(Classical Choirs, with or without instruments, a minimum of 10 singers)
Registration Forms and Terms and Conditions will be provided upon request at the Zimriya Office.
Participation Fee in the Competition:
1,000 ILS – Choirs and Ensembles which register by 1.12.14
1,400 ILS – Choirs and Ensembles which register between 2.12.14 – 1.1.15
• Participation is open to all choirs and ensembles, including children and youth choirs. Participation is subject to the confirmation of the Music Committee of the Zimriya.
• The Zimriya workshops will take place mainly in the Knights Hall – Old Acre.
• Participants will be accommodated in the dormitories of the Nautical College and Ha’Abirim Guest House, in rooms for two, three or four people.
• Every room is air-conditioned and has its own bathroom.
• Beddings and towels will be supplied.
Accommodations on Half Board basis:
At the dormitories of the Nautical College:
1,850 ILS – in a double room
1,650 ILS – in a triple room
1,450 ILS – in a quadruple room
Ha’Abirim Guest House:
2,550 ILS – in a double room
2,250 ILS – in a triple room
1,950 ILS – in a quadruple room
Price without accommodation, including daily lunch:
• 4 nights lodging in air-conditioned rooms on a Half Board basis
• 4 breakfasts and 4 lunches (all meals will be served at “Ha’Abirim Guest House)
• Participation in workshops
• Admission to all concerts
• Each choir and ensemble interested in performing will have the chance to do so at least once during the Zimriya
Payment does NOT include:
• Guided tour to Jerusalem and / or to The Galilee
• Transportation from / to the airport
• Daily dinner
On request, any of the above can be arranged for extra payment.
Registration & payment:
Registration forms and Registration Fee of 100 ILS per participant is to be sent by December 1st 2014 to The Harp and Zamir Society (please find the address below).
Choirs are asked to state preference of workshop on the registration form.
A deposit of 1,000 ILS per participant is to be paid by 1st January 2015.
To be paid by February 15th 2015.
Harp and Zamir Society
Bank Le’umi Le’Israel
87 A, Ben Yehuda Street, Tel Aviv, Israel
Gordon Branch, No. 804
Account No. 209562/77
Swift code: LUMI IL IT TL
Routing No. //IL010 800
(Unfortunately, we cannot accept credit cards.)
• Registration payment of 100 ILS per participant is non-refundable
• Deposit will be refunded upon cancellation before 1st February 2015.
• Registration Form+ payment of 100 ILS per participant by 1st December 2014
• Deposit of 1,000 ILS by 1st January 2015
• Final balance by 15th February 2015
• Opening of the Modern A-Capella Zimriya on Sunday, 29th March, 2015!
The number of participants is limited
It is recommended to register as soon as possible
In order to make sure your accommodation and workshop match your preference
Subject to Change