Registration to the Liturgical Zimriya is still on!
For one week in the summer of 2014, on August 12-19, we will hold a unique celebration of Choral Music, experienced only in the Zimriya: a festival including workshops and concerts of choirs and ensembles from all over the world, which will gather to create an exceptional sound of choral music.
Acre, a world heritage city (http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1042), is renowned for its magnificent blend of old and new, sea and land, people of three religions and authenticity in a world of many changes.
The Liturgical Zimriya will capture the sense of all the above, and more! Not only will you visit the historic and religious places, but you may also get a good chance to perform in a synagogue, a church or a mosque!
We are delighted to update you with the following information:
- A one day Guided Tour of Jerusalem is included in the price. The tour will take place on Friday, 15 August 2014.
- A special ‘Shabbat Dinner & Concert’ to take place on Friday, 15 August 2014, is included as well.
- On Saturday, 16 August 2014, choirs will tour Nazareth & Galilee and will give public concerts at various locations in Galilee.
- Each choir will perform at the “Choir to Choir”, in Nazareth or Galilee, at one of the churches of Old Acre and at the Final Concert.
- A special reduction of 100 ILS per person for registration before March 1st, 2014!
For more information:
Workshop & Repertoire of the Liturgical Zimriya:
The 23rd Zimriya, 2013:
Summer 2014 will be an excellent chance to visit Acre and Israel, while taking part in this unique event!
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Israel in summer of 2014!
Yossi Frost, Director
Sounds between the Walls of ancient Acre!
Following the great success of the 23rd Zimriya in 2013 we are reiterating the magic that will happen again in the spectacular Nights’ Halls in The Old City of Acre.
Save the date!
For one week in the summer of 2014, we will hold a celebration of Choral Music: a festival including workshops and concerts of choirs and ensembles from all over the world, which will gather to create a unique sound of choral music.